What Makes Our .460 Rowland® Tougher Buffer Recoil System Such an Improvement Over the Standard, 200-year-old design?
- To begin, this Dual-Action, Flat-Wound Recoil Spring System stacks in a smaller space, lasts longer, and runs smoother than assemblies with conventionally-wound springs.
- By nesting a short section of flat-wound spring inside the base of the mainspring, we permit the gun to unlock and begin its cycle under normal spring tension.
- As the slide accelerates and approaches the end of its cycle that inertia is resisted gradually by the second spring until, finally, twice the starting spring tension is being exerted against that moving hunk of steel.
- This Dual-Action innovation effectively reduces felt recoil while saving your frame from undue punishment in a smooth and sustainable way.
- Our complete Tougher Buffer Recoil System includes our full-length, two-piece Tougher Buffer Guide Rod mounted with our 20 lb.-40 lb. Dual-Action Recoil Spring.
- Because every 1911 and every shooter is different, we offer a wide range of tuning options with compatible flat-wound Dual-Action Recoil Springs , either individually or in Tuning Packs:
- 24 (48) lb.
- 22 (44) lb.
- 20 (40) lb.
- 17 (34) lb.
- 15 (30) lb.
- 13 (26) lb.
- High-Rate Tuning Pack: includes 24 (48) lb. and 22 (44) lb Dual-Action Recoil Springs
- Low-Rate Tuning Pack: includes 17 (34) lb., 15 (30) lb. and 13 (26) lb. Dual-Action Recoil Springs
About our Tougher Buffer Guide Rod:
Full-length guide rods are generally considered better because they force the recoil spring to stack without kinking or twisting and we agree. Our Tougher Buffer Guide Rod is .25″ in diameter (thinner than most) to accommodate the flat-wound springs we like so much.
This option is for the Commander Size 1911. Commander Size Tougher Buffer Recoil Systems ship with our standard 17Lb Flat Wound spring. Please contact us if you need this size!